Monday, October 15, 2012

H.U.T.

That is usually what we call this one... Not Hut, but actually H-U-T.  Now if you call him that he will come back with "H-U-T, that's me!" in this adorable sing-song voice.  He is getting so big.  He loves school and his new friends and teachers.  We have been working very hard on his handwriting skills, thank goodness for the ipad and all the great apps out there to help us practice.  His teacher has them learning all the countries in Africa, he came home from school one day talking about Djibouti and Burundi, yeah- I had to look them up.  I'm sure it won't be the last time I have to look up something he is learning about at school.

He loves baseball, and golf, although he has never really played golf, he tells us it is one of his favorite things to do.  He wants a guitar for Christmas, and plays this small one we have all the time.  Maybe a guitar and some lessons will come from Santa... hmmm.  He changes his mind daily about what he wants to dress up as for Halloween- sometimes it is Darth Vadar and other times he wants to dress up as a football player or super hero. 

He loves to take pictures with my phone, which makes me happy.  We talk about that it is important to take pictures so that we can remember certain moments in time.

He is such a sweet boy and is always looking out for others smaller than him, well besides his brother.

Brothers... They can be so good together or such a mess.  They play, for the most part, extremely well together, whether they are getting in trouble or not.  Although Hut always gets to be the boss, dad, good guy, etc... and Wheeler is whatever he wants him to be.

 we have been playing rodeo cowboys a lot lately...  this day he was an Outlaw.
 this is the look he always gives me...
 this is the terrible smile he gives me if I tell him to smile...
then this is the look I ultimately get as he is speeding away from me, whether in his gator, or on foot...

Happy Monday.


We are off to our first dentist visits today.  Wish us luck.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Can't wait to hear about the dentist...I'm sure they'll do GREAT!