I've been meaning to write this post for awhile now... It is my 30 before Thirty list. I saw this idea on another blog, and thought, what a great idea. So I compiled a list of things that I would like to accomplish in the next year. I turned 29 on July 8th, so I have just under twelve months to cross off everything on the list. I love lists, and I love crossing things off! These 30 things are things that I have been wanting to do/finish for quite sometime, they are the things that just keep getting pushed aside or buried under the day-to-day living of play dates, naps and squeezing in a quick workout. Do these things HAVE to be finished by the time I turn 30? No, it is just the deadline I issued myself. I am a total procrastinator and work best under pressure, so July 8, 2012 is the date. I will be updating the list here, on the blog, as I start to cross things off. So with out further adieu I give you the list...
30 before Thirty
- Hang the framed photos/art that is sitting around the house (over 20 pieces)
- Finish the playroom (paint & decorate)
- Finish the guestroom (paint & decorate)
- Make a headboard for the guest bed
- Finish the office (organize and hang pictures)
- Refinish bedroom dresser (paint & hardware)
- Reupholster craigslist chairs
- Read thirty new books
- Take one class to support one of my many hobbies
- Go on a long weekend with just the Jerbear
- Take a family road trip (3 hours or more)
- Take the kids to the DMA
- Take the kids to the Children's Science Museum
- Take the kids to the Heard Museum
- Lose 20lbs
- Run another Half Marathon
- Sew at least one dress for a little girl
- Both boys potty trained
- Be caught up on photo books of the boys (4 for Hutson & 2 for Wheeler)
- Take a girls weekend
- Drink no soda for one year
- Eat no candy for one year
- Blog redesign
- Sell something I make
- Kids Volunteer
- Contribute some kind of income to our family
- Cook one new meal/dish a month
- Learn some HTML code
- Ride a mechanical bull
So that's it. That is the list. These things aren't exactly life changing, some are even downright mundane. But they are things that I would like to get done in the next 12 months, well really 11 months and 1 week. Some things I have started, like No. 21 & 22. No candy or soda, it is going well and a little hard, but 21 days in a row makes a habit, right? So just another few weeks and it should be easy, peasy...ha. I have 5 books of my thirty read, but I will post on that later. I also need to get crackin' on No. 28 as my month is almost up.. ahhh! I, of course, have a dinner planned for the last night of the month on Sunday... I told you I was a procrastinator.
I would love to have any of you, ahem ashley ahem, join me in making a list of 30 things that you might want to accomplish in the next year.
And as always, a post isn't a post with out at least one photo...
Here are my boys...