Thursday, July 15, 2010

one week...

since I last posted.  Sorry guys, I will try to not let it happen again.

Little recap of the last week...

Last Friday Jerry and I went out to dinner with friends for our birthday celebration, I won't share details, but it was a very entertaining night for those of us who were the D.D.'s. 

We thought we would actually attempt a nice pictures since we were actually showered and had brushed our hair...

then the little man decided he couldn't just stand by and watch... and of course it turned out to be one of our better family pictures, and we were missing one!

On Sunday we did one big birthday celebration for Jerry, my mom, Jerry Sr. and I.  The fam came over and we swam and ate and swam and ate some more.  I decided that everyone needed their own birthday cake so we had lots of desserts.  Jerry opted for Dairy Queens Reece's ice cream cake, my mom got gluten-free brownies, Lee made Jerry Sr. her famous chocolate Ganache and Lauren made a Pavlova for me.  (A Pavlova is egg whites whipped up with sugar and then baked for a few minutes, then top with whip cream and fresh berries, aaahhhmazing.)  Of course I have no photos of the day, I have noticed that when we host something I get too busy to remember to take pictures, boo!

But I did manage to get one of our amazing desserts... check those out!


Jerry's parents left to go back home to Oregon on Tuesday, it was a sad day.  We love it when they come to visit us.  Hutson was very taken with Grammy this visit.  I am thinking it was because she has endless patience (something that developed during Jerry's childhood maybe?) and will sit and play 'diggers' and tractors all day.  He has already asked for them, and I had to tell him that they went home, which he doesn't get... but what he does get is that when people go away they go to work, so he thinks that Papa and Grammy are working.... like daddy does when he goes away, or GrAndi when she isn't with Papa.

and lastly take a look at our apples!  From our own trees, yea!  What yummy dessert shall we make with these?

oh and cantaloupes too...


No big plans for the weekend, but I will try to take some more pictures, because as AB says "I really only look at the pictures."  thanks.

No comments: