Saturday, September 18, 2010

Portland Zoo

Yes... I am still sorting through pictures of our trip.  I am pretty sure I have at least enough pictures for a few more posts, which is good since I don't have a camera to take new pictures.

We made a little stop at the Portland Zoo when we were in Oregon.  It was my third trip there, and I love it.  It really is a great zoo and it was nice to go in cooler weather.  I have been wanting to take the boys to the Dallas Zoo all summer, but its just too dang hot to make a trip.  Maybe this fall.

Polar Bears.


this is pretty much how Wheeler rolled the entire time... we went in the morning during his usual nap time, so he didn't have too much spunk.


Hutson was very enamored with the Elephants, although I was too.  There is something about them that is almost graceful, especially for an animal that size.

Have any of you seen the movie Madagascar?  It is a favorite around the Clayton casa.  Anyhoo, Hutson knows all the names of the characters... and so when we stumbled upon certain animals at the zoo, he referred to them as their character name, not what they are.

For example... he started screaming "Gloria, Gloria!" when we got to the Hippos.

and this is Marty... who says 'crack a lackin'

and of course our favorite... Melman

Then we stopped for a bit near the petting zoo.   Hut wasn't so excited to pet the goats or feed them, but I made him anyway, I needed a picture, and he is a trooper.

and you know this boy loves, loves, loves him some tractors.  I can't even begin to describe how excited he was when we came to this.  He did his little I'm-so-excited-I-don't-know-what-to-do-but-scream-dance.

and Wheelie is such a good boy, he just chilled.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Looks like fun was had by all...love the polar bear pic! Have you decided on a camera yet?