Monday, October 18, 2010

long time no talk

We have been busy over here in the Clayton casa....
A few things that have happened in the last month or so...

1.  We hit a milestone with potty training, and I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!  Yea!  Although, I am sure by the time we are completely finished training Hut, I will have to start with Wheeler.

2.  I was able to get away for a few days all by myself... yeah, you heard right, no kids, no husband, just me.  I took the time to take a weekend trip to LA to visit my bestie, Ash, and we had a great time.  While I did have a great time, I did miss my little men A LOT.

3.  We found out about 5 weeks ago that Waylon has a tumor in his mouth.  The tumor covers about 3/4 the bridge of his mouth.  Well it did.  We had to let go of him today.  We tried to make him as comfortable as possible for the last few weeks, but he took a turn for the worse over the weekend and we didn't want him to suffer any longer.
 this was taken this morning...
4.  A huge storm rolled through our area a week ago and fried our tv, cable box and our modem.  We were able to get the internet back up and running, but of course are waiting forever to have someone come look at our tv.  What this means is that I have been pretty productive at night, cleaning out closets, finally unpacking the last three boxes in the office that have been sitting in the corner since we moved in over two years ago.

5.  Today we had house guests arrive, they will be staying all week.  Lily and Baby J are super excited to stay with Aunt Teddi for the week, I mean they didn't say that, but I just know it.  Jeff is taking Lee on a cruise for their 5th wedding anny this week, and I said I would help out with the ladies.  I might have been out of my mind when I agreed.  Four kids, 2 1/2 to 5 months old, for a week, yikes.  I'll let you know how it went next week, after I hit a much needed happy hour.
 Hutson holding Baby J's hand in the car...
6.  I cut 6-7 inches off of my hair, it feels so good. 
7.  It is finally starting to cool down and we have been enjoying the cooler evenings with outside activities...
Hutson makes us buy huge bags of carrots from Costco so that we can feed the neighbors horses...
 Wheeler really enjoys the swings at the park in the evenings...
 I know some of you have already seen this video... but its so cute.  We are getting ready for Halloween around here, and I just had to try on Wheelers costume.   We have been teaching him to say 'ROAR'.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Good for you for "getting away." It leaves for a refreshed mama when you come back! Good luck with all the kiddos-please update us on how it goes:)