Friday, October 29, 2010

New Camera

Ok... I know I have been talking about it for months and months, but I finally did it.  I bought a new camera!  Yea!

I knew I was going to get a Nikon, I was just having a hard time picking out the right model for me.  I finally landed on one after some serious consideration of the D300s and the D90.  Then came time to actually pull the trigger, and as much as I love to shop and buy things, if it is over a couple hundred dollars I will deliberate for months on if I really need it.  (Ask my MIL about shopping with me for bedding...)  Then the 'what lens to buy first?' conversation started.  I knew I only wanted to buy the body of the camera and not get the kit lens that comes with it... I wanted a little bit nicer lens instead, and some of you can relate to this, but glass is expensive!  So once I figured out exactly what I wanted then came time to pull the trigger on the purchase.  Just when we decided that we would go buy it, our house was hit with lightening and our family room TV got fried.  So we bought a new TV instead of a camera, which I was a little disappointed about but decided it was the better purchase for right now.  Then later that day my brother was in St. Thomas in a camera shop and saw the camera and lens for quite a discount and called me and asked if I wanted to get it...  so I sucked it up and pulled the trigger!

My new baby is the Nikon D90 with a 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II lens, and I am super pumped about it.  I am sure it will be my new accessory for fall.. and winter... and spring... and you get the picture.

I charged up the battery last night, and here are some pictures from this morning.

Eating breakfast in our bat jammies (the bats glow in the dark!)...

Iris...

Iris and Hutson sharing a morning snack...

Hutson hamming it up for the camera...

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hooray! You are going to have SO much fun with that new camera:)