Friday, March 23, 2012

Threads...

I would by no means call myself a fashionista... those who know me can attest to this.  I probably spend about 75% of my time in workout clothes, with my hair pulled in a pony tail and I am usually wearing a baseball hat.  However, I do enjoy clothes, looking at them, putting together outfits, and of course shopping.  I probably know the contents of all of my friends and families closets better than themselves.  So when I was pregnant with Hutson, when we first found out it was going to be a boy, I was of course ecstatic, but everyone kept asking me if I was bummed because I wouldn't be able to buy any little girl clothes... um no.  I wasn't bummed.  Frankly, Disney princesses and pink and glitter make me want to vomit.  I LOVE dressing the Little Men.  It drives me crazy when people say that there isn't any cute boy clothes out there... there are plenty, more than plenty.

The Jerbear and I frequently get asked where we buy the Little Men's clothes.  We have a few favorite go-to spots where we can always find something for them, and then we hit up some hit or miss places as well.  Hutson is lucky he is the oldest, his clothes are usually all new.  Wheeler gets the hand-me-downs.  I generally don't mind spending a little bit more money on Hut's clothes because I know they are gonna get a good amount of wear and tear on them between the two boys and I want them to hold up.  The only thing Wheeler gets new on a regular basis is shoes, poor guy has a super wide foot and can't wear any of Hut's shoes.

I am gonna try this out... if the boys cooperate.  We are going to try to do a couple of posts a month on boys clothes and shoes.  Yesterday I was able to get Hut to stand still for a few minutes so I could take some pictures of his outfit.
 We always try to layer clothes around here because it will be 50 in the morning and by afternoon it is 80 degrees.  By summer it will just be our shorts and tees, or just our swim trunks.


1. hand-me-down denim pearl snap from BabyGAP
2. 2-in-1 long sleeve t-shirt from PEEK
3. straight leg brown cords from CrewCuts Outlet
4. Navy Chucks from Converse


Hut doesn't like having his picture taken so it will be interesting to see how these posts happen.  We are supposed to be having some great weather this weekend so we are going to try to enjoy it...

Happy Friday!



No comments: