Wednesday, May 26, 2010

its been over a week...

... since my last post.  Sorry.  We have been really busy lately.  This last weekend Papa and Grandma arrived from Florida to visit.  Its their annual pilgrimage from Florida to Minnesota by way of Texas to visit us... well I don't know if its so much to visit their son (my dad), the boys and I, or all of our children, their great-grandchildren.  I am pretty sure its the latter, and we love it!

Last Saturday the whole family came over to our house to hang out and visit.  I can remember a time not that long ago, when it was just my brothers and I and our parents, now in 5 years we have grown with 3 spouses and 5 children, which puts us at a total of 14, including GG, for family get-together's and when Papa and Grandma are here we top out 16.  That makes for a very busy and loud visit, especially with 5 kids 2 years and under, but its great time.

I also hosted my niece's 2nd birthday party.  We had a great little fairy party with wings and crowns, and fairy houses to decorate... and of course a bounce house*.

Side note... Tiffany found a bounce house for sale at a garage sale for $100 and immediately called me and we snapped it up!  Its great, and probably the best $100 purchase I have made in a very long time... until Jeff, Alex and I decided to have a little go at it, and Jerry who told us we shouldn't because we would put a hole in it... but we didn't.  Then Jerry decided he couldn't resist and his first go he promptly put a hole in it!  haha... not funny but totally funny.  But its on the outside platform part and not a big deal, its still very usuable.

Okay Okay here are some pictures...

Hutson directing Great Grandma on cleaning the pool...

hanging out with Papa...


baby J just sleeping away...

Evee...

Jeff enjoying an adult beverage in the bounce house...


Lily's party...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Teddi...you did a fantastic job on Lily's party! Everything looks beautiful...I still say you have a very marketable talent for doing parties...just $aying you $hould think about it...you can even practice on my party!!! Beautiful pics of all of you!

-Lee said...

Teddi great photos. We had a great time. Thank again for hosting Lily's party so that she could actually have one!! Everything was so beautifully done. You rock!