Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hello

So I am working on changing the look of the blog, which is becoming a little time consuming, but anyway stay tuned for some new changes and some new additions... One of my Christmas presents from the ol' balls and chain was a video camera.  There are all these new pocket video cameras that have been on the market in the last year and I am finally getting one.  Now if it would ever get here!  argh.  I ordered it like 2 weeks ago online.  I actually have been doing a bit of online shopping lately, I love coming home and seeing packages at the door!  However, its getting to be an expensive little addiction that needs to be put to rest.  Also I plan on 'writing' more on the blog this year than I have in the past.  I like to post pictures and leave it at that- but I know people are also wondering what is happening with us, and a lot of that can't be explained through pictures, although that does present an interesting challenge.  hmmm.  I will have to mull that over.

I have some exciting news, Wheeler slept from 7pm to 530am!  It has been a rough couple of months for sleep lately.  Wheeler must have been going through a growth spurt or something because he was eating at 11 pm, 2 am, 5 am and about 730 am.  However, we have recently introduced solids to his diet and it seems to help keep him full and sleep longer.  We pretty much skipped the rice cereal step, he wouldn't eat it.  He would just give me a look and spit it out.  Have you ever tried that stuff? It is absolutely horrible- yuck!  So we pretty much went straight to baby food, Hutson was the same way.  So far our favorite is Sweet Potatoes with Peas as a close second, and we eat that at lunch and dinner.

Hutson hasn't been sleeping well either- he gets up at least once a night, and usually ends up sleeping with one of us.  I know there are people reading this thinking that having your child sleep with you is horrible and that we need to break him of it, but its what works for us.  Well I don't know that I would say that it 'works' for us, but it works for him, and I would rather be a little tired than have him tired all day long.

We have also had quite a rough couple of months with being sick.  So far since November we have had 3 ear infections, 3 colds and possible sinus infection ( I decided to just ride it out instead of going to the dr., probably not the best choice), bronchiolitis, RSV, croup cough, impetigo.  To top it all of Jerry is on his way home from Primacare with some random bacterial infection as I am writing this.  As much as I love this time of year and I am a fan of cold weather, I am so ready for the flu season to be over.  On today and tomorrows agenda- bleaching the house top to bottom.  I am going to get rid of any little sicky germs left in this house.  I already stripped the beds today and washing sheets.  Next up is disinfecting toys and the housekeeper is coming today.  whew.

We are babysitting my parents baby's this weekend- Humphrey and Sherman.  Willie and Waylon are so excited for their weekend long play date.  Thank goodness we have a very large backyard, because I am not so sure what I would do with 450 lbs of dog running around my house, I can barely handle half that on a regular basis.  Although I think it is supposed to rain this weekend so they may all be inside the house anyway.  Stay tuned for pictures next week.

Sorry no pictures on the post today, but I will try for pictures on the next post.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Love the changes so far...me being a picture person, I'm digging your header:) Good luck and I can't wait to see it all finished...blogger and HTML are a pain in the arse...