Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy Sunday

Wheeler and I slept in a little too late to make it to the first service this morning with Jerry and Hutson... so we stayed home and had a late breakfast and a little quiet play time.  I had pretty much forgotten what it is like to just have one little kid at home, it was so quiet and well, easy.  

Wheeler is the exact age now that Hutson was when Wheeler was born.  Which seems odd to me... I guess I had forgotten about this stage with Hutson, this playful and cuddly stage.  I mean, I was otherwise engaged in having a newborn, but I can't believe I don't remember it with Hut.  Where Wheeler is now is just learning words and starting to talk a lot, still wants to cuddle, and wants to follow me around, this is my favorite stage with him.  With Hutson, I think we are getting to a good stage, although it has been a little rough lately as he has definitely been trying to push the envelope, not listening, not napping, throwing fits, refusing to potty train... but now he is more independent, and asking questions, and is my little helper.  He has starting answering questions for Wheelie, and telling me what 'his baby' needs, which is pretty cute.  As soon as he hears Wheeler wake up he runs upstairs and tells me he is getting the baby up, and that I should get their snacks ready.  He grabs his Handy Mandy computer, puts it on their coloring table and tells me he is going to work and that he needs coffee and a sandwich... um..I am pretty sure you know who he is copying there, but it is pretty darn funny.  Sometimes he even goes and grabs a pair of Jer's dress shoes first.

 Here are some pictures from this morning...
 

Loves to look and play in front of the mirror...   and yes that is crayon and hand marks and slobber all over the mirror.
 
 waving to himself...
 looking for his belly button...
 

No comments: