Friday, February 4, 2011

I'm slowly losing my mind...

...fourth day in a row stuck at home with a 17 month old and an almost 3 year old.  We got about 5 inches of snow in the middle of the night and now it is snowing again.  We are setting records down here in North Texas for winter weather this year.  I might actually have to invest in some winter weather clothes for the boys.  argh.  Although I do realize in a few short months it will be 110 and sweltering hot heat and we will be complaining about that.  So we are going to suck it up and stay inside and try to keep the complaining to a minimum.

We did venture outside today to walk to the neighbors to play.  Hutson and I pushed Wheeler in the BOB (thank goodness for heavy duty off-roading strollers) and we only bit the snow twice.  The two inches of ice that we got on Tuesday is still there, it is just now hiding under the most beautiful powder snow.  They say tomorrow we might actually make it above freezing... we will see.

We are going to make cookies this afternoon and chicken enchilada's for dinner... and maybe ANOTHER movie night with popcorn for the boys later.

We would love to skype with anyone who has skype, the boys love it and it keeps them entertained.  Our sign on name is Teddi Clayton.

-t

2 comments:

Sara said...

welcome to MN weather:) do you remember it at all? I don't recall how old you were when you guys moved...send me your snail mail address to sararae64 (at) yahoo.com I want to send you a card:)

tlc said...

So I do remember MN weather, but it is different remembering it as a kid living there, then having to deal with it as an adult. I don't think I could ever live there in the winter again... I am a total wuss now.