Friday, February 12, 2010

Winter Storm in Texas?


Sounds ridiculous right?  I didn't believe it either until I woke up yesterday morning to about 2 inches of snow on the ground.  It snowed for 24 hours straight in North Texas.  I woke up this morning to about 6-7 inches of snow on the ground.  Of course this winter weather has coincided with Hutson finally sleeping through the night without waking up, which means he has more energy than ever and we are stuck inside!  Okay so we could go outside and play, I mean my parents used to lock us outside in the winter to make us play.  (That is when we lived in MN and not TX too)  The problem is that we don't really have winter weather gear.  Yesterday Hutson borrowed our neighbors old boots that were about 4 sizes too big and they kept falling off- at one point he was walking in the snow barefoot!


The dogs aren't too sure about the white stuff

There will be no catapillar rides today



Hutson playing in the snow

Our neighbor Lily and her cute little snowman

I know for those of you who live in the north you are thinking 'oh so what, they got a little snow', but this is more snow than Dallas has had since 1924.

No comments: