Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Addiction

I just wanted to let everyone now that this is probably going to be a very long post... well at least for me anyway.  I have posted pictures with this post, if thats what you want to see then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the post and enjoy.


Hi, my name is Teddi and I have an internet addiction.


Jerry has been telling this to me for months, but I finally agree.  I spend a lot of my precious free time (while the boys are sleeping of course) on the computer.  Doing what?.. well I edit photos, I check email (although I don't get that much), I browse facebook, I shop for things that I want (but I don't buy, thank goodness), I catch up on my news, and I read a lot of blogs.  I don't know why blogs interest me... they just do.  A lot of craft/paper making blogs, letterpress blogs, design blogs, cooking blogs, friends and family blogs, I even read blogs of people I don't know.  I read photography blogs, party planning blogs, fashion blogs, travel blogs....  I am addicted and I need to stop.  


There are so many things that I could be doing with time that I spend on the computer, I could be working out more, I could be getting the infinite list of stuff that needs to be done around the house done.  Right now I could be unloading the dishwasher, washing bottles (just used the last clean one), planting all the flowers we just bought, folding and putting away the six loads of laundry I have run through in the past day or so.  I could be cleaning off and organizing my desk, or making the Easter sugar cookies Hut needs for Thursdays school party, I could be putting together the easter crafts that I have sitting in a pile that I want to do.  I need to be working on a baby shower and birthday party goodies.  I could have showered or cleaned my closet, or even cleaned out my car, but yet I sit here cruising the internet.  No matter what time of day it is as soon as the boys both go down for naps or bedtime, my first instinct is to come into the office and get on the internet and see what has changed, who has updated their blog, pictures, facebook status, what new news is there, it goes on and on and on.  As a lot of you know the internet has no end, believe me I have spent a lot of time looking for it.


So... I decided to experiment a little and see how much I can get done if I turn the computer off for one week.  It is going to be difficult but I hope I have the will power to see it through.  No facebook, no chatting, no editing photos, no reading blogs, no nothing.  I will start this self-imposed computer banishment tonight at midnight and will be back online next Thursday morning.  I do have an iphone that I read my email on and I will still be checking for email on my phone, but I will not be checking facebook or cruising the web on my phone at all, I promise.


I have already been thinking up ways to get around this, like...
...can I use Jerry's computer?  NO
...what if I call my mom and ask her to look something up for me, is that allowed?  I doubt she would after reading this post in an attempt to support me so thats out the window.


So wish me luck!


Ok... here are the pictures I promised...


playing in the fort that GeeGee made Hutson...
I love that little eye peeking out...

Wheeler was so happy when Hutson came to get him up from his nap, he loves his brother...


Poor Roosevelt... not only does he have Hutson to worry about, now Wheeler wants to play too...


This morning Hutson decided that he wanted to diaper his Ernie toy, I had just finished changing Wheeler and Hut decided that Ernie needed a diaper too.  I love that he used the wipes first then the diaper.  He wasn't too excited when Wheelie crawled over and pulled Ernie's head off, but he eventually got it all figured out...

On a different note... Hutson has a wicked ear and sinus infection that turned into an eye infection as well.  Poor bugger, so he has been a little under the weather the past few days.  But we are on antibiotics and it seems to be helping already so we should be right as rain for Easter Sunday.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh no! No blog posts for 1 week! Sad face :( Just kidding, I totally support you. Good luck!

Sara said...

Hi, my name is Sara and I too have an Internet addiction:) We all do-in one for or another it seems. I wish you luck this coming week. I have big farewell to FB and am trying to limit time as well. It is DARN hard! Hope to see pics of the boys NEXT week!